A77ii, so who is planning on getting one?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris Malcolm
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?
Re: A77ii, so who is planning on getting one?
In reply to RoxanneY, 5 months ago

I don't think its worth getting a new camera unless its twice as good as the old one. Otherwise new lenses are usually better IQ value for money than a new camera. Or I break the old one, which is what usually happens. But my A77 looks and feels like the toughest camera I've ever had, and I'm learning to be more careful with my gear. Plus it's such a complex camera I'm still discovering unexpected ways of getting better photos from it. It's a beautifully engineered photographic tool and a delight to use.

But this new one looks pretty good. I like the stabilised pre-shoot live image a lot, a great help with focusing long lenses manually. I'll be very interested to see just how well featured remote control from a smartphone or tablet is. I might not be able to resist live view on a tablet. I do a lot of shooting with the camera in positions I can't reach.

I've been very impressed by AF accuracy of my A77, much better than any previous camera I've had. I'll be interested to see if the mk II is more accurate. I'm sure it'll be a better focus tracker. I'll follow the reviews with great interest. If it lives up into its promise and I don't get any richer I'll be tempted to get one when its price drops in anticipation of the mk III.

-- hide signature --

Chris Malcolm

Chris Malcolm's gear list:Chris Malcolm's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
I amNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow