Does Panasonic 20mm II Lens Have Same Issues With C-AF As Original 20mm?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joseph T Lewis III
Senior MemberPosts: 1,591Gear list
Like?
Does Panasonic 20mm II Lens Have Same Issues With C-AF As Original 20mm?
5 months ago

I Googled around, but I could not find the answer to my question.  So, I'll post it here.

Does the 20mm f/1.7 Version II lens work with C-AF for stills photography, or does it have the same limitations as the original version of the lens?  To elaborate: The original 20mm had a writeup on the Panasonic site that flatly stated it didn't work in C-AF mode.  I can vouch for that; when I put my 20mm Vers. I lens on my E-M5 with the camera in C-AF mode, the lens performed so poorly I thought it was defective.  Set the AF mode to S-AF and voila; nice and sharp.

However, I can find no such limitation described for the version II of the lens, and I don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere.   If anyone can tell me whether or not the second version works with C-AF I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

-- hide signature --

Tom

Joseph T Lewis III's gear list:Joseph T Lewis III's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow