Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Miike Dougherty
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Re: KR doesn't like Sony anymore...
In reply to Ontario Gone, 5 months ago

Ontario Gone wrote:

hlecter666 wrote:

"I wouldn't buy one of these Sonys.....The Sonys are flashy and loaded with foolish features...

Oh no he di'int...

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ken is right and wrong at the same time.  I use both Nikon and Sony cameras.  The A77 can be very frustrating when you actually press a button the wrong way and some of the functions change.  You have to carry the manual with you to fix your error which can take time.  If you can put up with the viewfinder white out under certain lighting situations, the slide show effect when when shooting high speed sports, and the really short battery life compared to Nikon, the 24 MP sensor, 12 FPS at max aperture, and continuous tracking auto focus on the A77 II more than makes up for these deficiencies, especially at $1,200.  My D7100 is certainly a better camera (especially the JPEG files), but for sports and surfing action, no other DX camera comes close to the A77 or A77 II.  (I currently use both the D7100 and A77 depending on the subject.  They're just tools.)

Miike Dougherty's gear list:Miike Dougherty's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a77 II Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | C Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow