Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pan Tao
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
A6000 is the perfect camera for neophytes
5 months ago

I know many nitpick about the build, the evf, the placement of dials, the lack of touch screen.

But i as a first time upgrader to a pro-type camera, i cannot find anything better than A6000 for the price in my research. Sony is effectively imo selling Nex7/OMD operational quality for middle range prices...

Build

Body alone, yes it felt very light and hollow, but it is rigid. Once you slap in the battery, a lens, a hood and it all comes together. Very well balanced and suitable to what you expect from a MILC option. I can shoot with one hand for my whole trip, unlike the EM10 i tested which is impossible to hold one handed for more than 15 minutes.

I find A6000 body quality no different from A7. I think the plastic used is of good quality, it does not flex or rattle. Who knows if it is actually some space grade super light material!

Dials

I think with use, many will agree the placement is logical as pointed out here too. Putting the free dial inside would make it harder to use freely! The dials are also rigid and buttons felt solid, another cheer for the good build quality!

EVF

I increased the saturation and diopter up by a notch to get that deeper colors of Nex6. Yes the resolution is lower but it is fully usable and no worse than EM10. Sony could have done worse by not including one for the price.

All in all, A6000 is good, and worth the extra over the overpriced A5000.

If you want something more, looks like you need to step up to A7...

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow