A77ii; Well I'm disappointed

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,913Gear list
Like?
Re: A77ii; Well I'm disappointed
In reply to eastriding4310, 4 months ago

eastriding4310 wrote:

Dan, I am more than a little disappointed in the "new" A77II SLT. The seventy or eighty A77II images I have seen from the professional announcement attendees were a great disappointment. I was hoping to see image quality far better than my current A77. After seeing hundreds of images with great IQ from the A7r and A7, I was hoping for a great leap forward in image quality. I got none. The new A77 cannot even match the image quality of the old A900.

My A77 already has great bells and whistles. A few more are not going to give me higher IQ.

I want a great full sized body mirrorless camera with A7r IQ in A mount with built in IS.

I know that you were expressing genuine disappointment, and it is too bad that others on this forum do not respect you or your concerns. I too am tired of "mush hair" from my jpegs.

You seriosly didn't assume an apc cameras was going to get the high iso of a FF sensor. That is what creats disappointment, The a99 / a7 cropped to apc is only 10 mp how on earth would an apc at 24 mp match that. Spending some time with dxomark would be a good place to start avoiding disappoint ,

As to mushy hair.. you have not figured out how to use the tool.

BTW improved AF and visual stabilized framing are not bells and whistles unless you only shoot wigs with a tripod.

- -
K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon 1 J1 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow