Steve Huff v3 first impression/review

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 771Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff v3 first impression/review
In reply to Aspenz, 2 months ago

Aspenz wrote:

I'd just like to say the V3 is not built cheap. It feels polished and small. Small doesn't always equate cheap. Seems weird of him to do such a cursory report.

This is the part that made me feel like his post was just a knee-jerk reaction to the high price tag and integration of micro-SD card. Early adopters on this forum have generally been pretty positive on build quality (aside from the shutter release button).

As far as everything else, he's entitled to his own opinion but so am I. I agree about the price being high and the micro-SD card being a pain, but when I saw the V3+EVF resting in the palm of his hand it was the first time so far that I've really wanted one. I love my V2 and I'll be keeping it for a long while, but the V3 looks more portable because of the smaller grip and the ability to take off the EVF. I'm curious to see what his final verdict is if he gives it a chance.

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow