K-5 Blurry Night Shots WITH Tripod

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
vdubreeze
Senior MemberPosts: 1,160
Like?
Re: K-5 Blurry Night Shots WITH Tripod
In reply to Rod Herdman, 4 months ago

Rod Herdman wrote:

Normally if it is shake or vibration, you can see the multiple images of the subject. It looks to me like your picture was just out of focus.

Looks that way to me as well, and as a K5 user I've seen it before (insert both smiley and frowny here).   Sometimes it not only doesn't lock focus accurately, it doesn't change focus at all from the last setting, pretty much only during challenging shooting environments as with the train station at night.  I just assume that if the K5 doesn't find info at the focus point it sometimes doesn't do anything rather than get close.  Rather than keep trying to get it to lock correctly when that happens I find that if I aim it away and depress the shutter to focus and then return to the subject it knocks some sense into it.  Then the next day in a different location no issues at all.

Not sure if the auto assist light could be a factor at your distance (this is one of those times I wish DPR had the thread showing beneath the reply box).  Probably not.  But it doesn't surprise me that a K5 might not respond well to the side of a dark train at night.

I wouldn't spend any time thinking about tripods or the like.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow