Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)

Started May 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
carlos roncatti
Senior MemberPosts: 2,662Gear list
Re: Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)
In reply to Raist3d, May 2, 2014

Raist3d wrote:

I have come to discover that one of the biggest hold backs is simply I don't see Nikon caring for the 1 system user. It's like the V3 is a good match for my needs not because they thought about it, but by accident. And they don't seem to care. - that Nikon 1 V1 issue of previewing every picture taken and no firmware upgrade for that- what the hell Nikon?

Again, in the context of spending so much cash, it really gives one pause.

A long long time ago i wrote this post regarding the 1 system:

- you wanted to do fast sports photography or wildlife? Win

But nowadays i think the 1 system is for Nikon Dslr users and that is it. The guy suddenly decide to buy something small that changes lenses. Instead of buying into a new system, you can buy a new system but use your nikon lenses to shoot things like sports, wildlife and etc. BUT, others, not nikon users, prefer other options on the market and i would bet that the upcoming sony rX100III 24-70mm 1.8-2.8 will outsell the 1 system easily.

- you like any of the Nikon 1 bodies (Or J's) and wanted better overall operation/controls/size? In spite of the price? Win. Price an issue? Consider a V2.

- You want a QSF camera? (quiet/small/fast) - Win.

If you ever decide to sell the X-E1 (including lens) to upgrade, let me know... 

-- hide signature --

To understand photography, you must understand that the experience must be much more important than the result ....
Carlos Roncatti Bomfim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow