A77ii; Well I'm disappointed

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,335Gear list
Like?
Re: A77ii; Well I'm disappointed
In reply to 1DanC, 5 months ago

Yes but does it take better pictures.

The big disappointments in the current A77 for me have been the smudgy Jpegs and low light performance.

All the other gizmos are not quantum leaps given all the secrecy.

• Bigger buffer - I never have a problem with this
  • Brighter LCD - I've never adjusted mine above mid way
  • 5 times the AF points.. with AF limiting, I hardly ever have my camera on Wide, I like to pick what I want to focus on
  • Larger frame coverage with AF points - see my previous point
  • F2.8 AF sensor point - I'll read up on this
  • -2 EV (full moon level light ) AF - and what about the EVF in this kind of light
  • Smart object tracking - lets see what testing shows on this
  • EVF / LCD stabilization active with button press - might make you think you're actually doing a good job when you are not. I liked the indicator in the A77 which they got rid of, I'd love to see that come back.

The GPS is gone, that's a mistake. Have they improved the JPG engine?

I'll see what the full test brings, I can't see motivation to go to it from the A77 until mine fails. The A99ii may be an option.

Dan C

PS and they've changed the hotshoe!  That means a new flash!

You don't seem to be the intended market for a performance oriented cameras. So far you have listed... AF, tracking, buffer improvements as not something you care about. Top of your list?
- SOOC JPEG
- GPS

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow