First few hours with the PL 25mm F1.4: WOW (several photos)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,044Gear list
Like?
First few hours with the PL 25mm F1.4: WOW (several photos)
4 months ago

First off it was smaller than i thought (that's what she said). I also like the hood. Nothing feels cheap, the damping of the AF ring is very very nice, butter smooth. I also own the 20 F1.7 but have always known it would be replaced with the 25 as it's faster and a bit sharper, and the AF on the 20 isn't the best. AF on the PL is fast and seems as responsive as my Sigma 60 and 14-42 kit.

I was a bit limited in shooting as i was also following my 3 year old around the yard but i managed to test out the wider apertures as that's the main reason i bought it. I do also think this will be a good option for my extension tubes/diopter considering how sharp it is. Here are a few samples for anybody looking at this lens and wondering, it seems to be a spectacular performer. MFT really does seem to be the land of the lenses.

Im not a bokeh fanatic but when you want it, this lens can deliver.

Found this giant BB just before i went indoors. He was a buys little guy and paid no mind to the camera, i think i was a foot or so from him here. The pixel level here is quite impressive.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow