Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mactac
Regular MemberPosts: 285Gear list
Like?
Ideas on what to do with photography
2 months ago

Like many on DPreview, I'm an amateur photographer.  I don't have any designs on being a professional, and I certainly don't want to shoot weddings, events, etc.  I don't really want to go to fairs & set up booths to sell my photography.

I've been trying to figure out what I can do with my photography other than put it up on my wall.

I've entered contests, and although they were interesting, I don't find them all that fulfilling (maybe because I don't win!).

What are some ideas on what to do with photography?  I don't care if I make money or get paid, I just want to do something fun.

I could try and get some gallery showings, but I've been told that it's difficult unless you're established & spend a lot of time marketing.

I could put up a website, but nobody will likely see it.

Any interesting, creative ideas that might be fun?

mactac's gear list:mactac's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow