Loss of GPS

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MikeInOr
Regular MemberPosts: 389Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is GPS important?
In reply to oklaphotog, 3 months ago

oklaphotog wrote:

I guess I don't understand what the big deal is. I know where I've been taking pictures, so gps in a camera is useless to me unless it were to have a set of topo maps and be able to be used as a navigational aid in replacement of a handheld gps or quality smartphone. Aside from news work or rare things like engineering/scientific work... What is the point of having your images geotagged?

Sony probably removed it to keep costs under control so that the camera could have things much more important to photography... Like better AF etc.... I guess if you are one of the few that use it, it might be a let down... But you can still do it with your phone that you probably already have in your pocket if you are one of the rare people that geotags.

So if you use the GPS and love having all your pictures GeoTagged automatically it is probably a big deal to give this functionality up!  If you never use the GPS then you probably don't care at all that it isn't in the new A77II!

MikeInOr's gear list:MikeInOr's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow