Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
1DanC
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
A77ii; Well I'm disappointed
3 months ago

Looks like an expensive firmware upgrade for me.  I have to say my recent investment in a Zeiss lens has improved the quality of the images from my A77 to the extent that I feel it was the correct decision on where to invest my money.

The amount of time that Sony kept us wondering and waiting and the secrecy which made it all seem like we were looking at quantum technology changes, has led to a fizzle.  I hope that the A99ii will deliver incrementally more than this has done.

When DPREVIEW does a full review I'll look again to see if my thoughts can be swayed.  I would see little reason to upgrade.  It may present a more attractive option for pulling CaNikonites towards Sony.

Dan C

1DanC's gear list:1DanC's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow