Dissapointing Sony A77 II High ISO performance

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
J Birn
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Thanks for posting the link, but WTF are you disappointed about?
In reply to dr Ate, 4 months ago

dr Ate wrote:

Hello

Please have a look here. High iso of new Sony A77 II looks like from version1. Sony, why ?

http://www.optyczne.pl/6962-news-_Sony_SLT-A77_II_-_przyk%C5%82adowe_zdj%C4%99cia.html

Those early images look awesome!

Seeing those images (from an early unit, obviously not final quality jpegs and no way to shoot raw and do proper raw processing in Lightroom or DXO yet...) makes it looks like the raw performance might be better than the original a77, even though it has the same sensor size and pixel density.

I have an a99, and use it up to 6400 ISO, because I've found the ISO6400 shots can look quite respectable with processing in Lightroom. (Going higher than 6400 could work too, but I usually avoid it and have 6400 as my max setting when I'm in auto ISO.)

I'm looking forwards to seeing more about the final image quality from the a77ii. I'm actually thinking about the possibility of selling my a99 and CZ24-70 f/2.8, and getting an a77ii and 16-50 f/2.8 instead, as a wait of getting a lighter, more portable, faster camera set-up that has wifi, a built-in flash, and better AF performance with an ability to AF and track things in more of the frame. Of course I'll wait to read full reviews before I'd pull the trigger on a decision like that, but the a77ii might be a good "upgrade" from the a99 in some respects.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy Birn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow