Dissapointing Sony A77 II High ISO performance

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,776Gear list
Like?
Re: Dissapointing Sony A77 II High ISO performance
In reply to dr Ate, 7 months ago

What are you looking at to gather that and compared to what?

The shots you see are JPEG only on pre-production cameras. The shots are limited to the hands on time they had, so I don't see any competition shots of the same scenes to say what is better.

But looking at some of the ISO 1600, 3200, and 6400 shots I think they look pretty decent (the shot with the hanging peppers or vanilla beans). At 12,800 I can see it starting to muddy up, but it still isn't terrible if needed in a pinch for smaller sizes. I'm actually surprised as to how well the colors and dynamic range hold up. no color shifting either.

But of course, I am not a JPEG shooter. I'd be more interested in how the RAW files look.

The problems I see in these shots look a lot more to be the photographer than the camera.  But remember, they only got to use a demonstration model for a short time and were probably rushing to get some shots to publish.

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow