THE "BEST" SPORT AND ACTION camera

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,646Gear list
Like?
Re: True
In reply to josbiker, 5 months ago

When I get a chance to use one I will.  Until then, based on the link you left, I'd say that it's definitely one of, if not the best m4/3 (I don't recall the EM1's results, but I thought they were a bit better but could easily be wrong...I don't put much stock into those type of reviews and do my own tests), but it's not up to D7100/D300s AF caliber and it's definitely not up to D3/D4 (and all of their variants).

I average 500-700 images a baseball game, and with my D7100, the percentage of images that are discarded because of being out of focus are pretty low.  Most of them are either my fault, or are pre AF lock on.  Once the camera obtains a lock on a moving subject (including toward and away from me which are obviously harder than side to side shots) it rarely (almost never) will lose focus.  The Dx series of cameras are even better.

Again, the GH4 looks like an absolutely awesome camera for stills and especially video.  I hope I'm wrong, and eventually I'll find out for myself, but I don't see it replacing the Dx or EOS series of pro bodies, if for nothing else than the manufacturer support that isn't in place yet, at least not to the level Nikon and Canon are.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow