ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Snydly
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Like?
Intranet
6 months ago

Hi,

Is there a way to limit a wifi device to operate only on a local/home intranet and block it from the internet?

I'm not sure I even have my terms correct.  I think Intranet is your local wifi access to your router, and/or anything you have hooked up to the router, right?  From there your router passes read/write data to the www via you ISP, right?

The reason I ask is I would like to limit something like a device or hard drive to the home network, but NOT allow it to be accessible to the internet.  I'm sure there's probably an individual device setting for this, but I don't know what it is.  For example, my HP 8500 is available to all the home Computers/Tablets/SmartPhones etc, but obviously it isn't accessible from off site via the www, right?

I still use a WRT54GS, although I'm looking for a new/better router.  Problem is, have you all seen the 1-star reviews on almost all the current routers?  I haven't found one I'd take a chance on yet.

Thanks,

Bill

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow