Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JawaT
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list
Like?
K-01 - Duration of Continuous video
5 months ago

My K-01 is on the latest firmware. I recently shot some video using the 18-55mm AL II lens. The quality and frame rate were set at the highest levels. Locale was indoors, and there was just about adequate ambient light. Camera was set to manual focus, and on a tripod.

I found out that the video would stop recording every 11-12 minutes or so. The manual says that the video recording will last till 4GB or 25 minutes, whichever comes first. I did not exceed 4GB as mentioned in the manual in 11-12 minutes.

As per the manual, the interruption in video is to allow the recording to be saved. What is interesting is that one can restart the video recording right away when it stops. Seems inconsistent with the documentation.

Any comments? Any way to get much longer uninterrupted recordings on a K-01? Should a higher speed card (80+Mbps) allow for a longer recording?

Thanks,

JT

JawaT's gear list:JawaT's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +1 more
Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow