A77ii, so who is planning on getting one?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,777Gear list
Like?
Re: If the usability issues of the A77 are not fixed, I'll probably skip this one
In reply to Prognathous, 7 months ago

Prognathous wrote:

Other than the electronic focus limiter there isn't any feature that I really want, and there are two that I care about and that are no longer there (GPS and AF Assist lamp). The only thing which could sway me toward this camera is improved usability, but I doubt Sony invested a lot of effort on this front.

Prog.

If you are needing the AF Assist Lamp, then high chances are you are using a flash.  If you know what's good for you, you will be using an external flash.  Almost all external flashes have an assist lamp on them and the A77II will use that if needed.

Now on that same note but in a different direction, if the improved AF sensor is as good as Sony claims, then you shouldn't need an AF assist lamp to lock focus in most low light situations.

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
I amNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow