Sony "Smart Remote Control" : can I save the raws ?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,920Gear list
Like?
Sony "Smart Remote Control" : can I save the raws ?
6 months ago

Hi,

I have a question concerning the free "Smart Remote Control" app which you can download for the A7r.

I want to be able to upload the best jpeg IQ I can in order to check focus on my iPad Air. That part is OK.

But once I have taken a picture, I want to get the raw on the memory card and I have not been able to do it. I have chosen the format Raw + jpeg on the body. But I don't get the raws on the card, only the jpegs.

Am I missing something ? or did they cripple that app even more than I believed ?

That app is really a bad app. It allows nothing the confirmed photographer would want. I would like to be able to point at the Ipad and get that point in focus.. Or i'd at least like to be able to move the point of focus manually on the tablet in liveview instead of using the directional wheel on the body.

Come on Sony, please give us really usefull apps instead of gadgets the owners of an A7r won't use.

At least I hope that I'll be able to save the raws on the memory card. Any hint at what options I should check for that welcome.

TIA.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7R
ANSWER:
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow