New FE Lens Announced - Zeiss 16-35mm F4.0

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
NomadMark
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
Re: New FE Lens Announced - Zeiss 16-35mm F4.0
In reply to Pat Whittingham, 5 months ago

Pat Whittingham wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. I do have the LA EA4 but your experience with the. Metabones adaptor on this lens interests me. Does the IS function work on this combination? not so critical at 24mm but would be of interest for longer lenses.

Consistently sharp shots as 1/3 seconds shutter speed (and I can go slower and still have good hit rates), hand held. Yes, I'd say it works like a charm!

Opting for this combo obviously has the drawback of slowr AF, which is not too relevant in most cases for me, but it has HUGE benefit of now opening up another line of lenses for you. Canon has a number of GREAT lenses that may interest you.

As the pioter above stated, the 35mm f2 IS USM is great as well. I would pick it over the 35mm FE - better lens all around and rivals that on the RX1, and the Sigma 35mm, with the benefits of IS. The 28mm f2.8 IS USM is the smaller of the three stabilized primes and also a real great lens.

NomadMark's gear list:NomadMark's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow