Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
One_Oldman_4U
Senior MemberPosts: 1,167Gear list
Like?
Recommendation needed for a P&S waterproof/tough camera
5 months ago

I am looking for a P&S waterproof camera as an all-around, day to day carry. I don't have any experience regarding these type of camera. I just need it for inclement weather, a day at the beach/lake/etc. I don't dive, just snorkel and swim so depth is no concern. I just want a decent waterproof/tough camera on hand. Might do some video footage too if need be so need one with decent video. Low light (both stills and video) is a higher priority.

I see the following models:

Nikon has the AW120 (I have used the older model (AW110) for a day and it's ok. Hoping this newer one is better)

Panasonic has the Lumix DMC-TS5 (I have an LX7 so I know what kind of quality Pana have and I know the TS5 is not in comparison. Hopefully the TS5 will come close)

Olympus TOUGH TG-3 (I've read that this has the bigger sensor compared to the rest - leaning towards this due to its bigger sensor, hopefully better IQ)

Pentax WG-3 (No clue about this)

If anyone has experience on one or more of these models, please advice.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."
---
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow