Image Stabilization on Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T*

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
abortabort
Senior MemberPosts: 1,138Gear list
Like?
Re: Image Stabilization on Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T*
In reply to Keit ll, 7 months ago

The lack of stabilisation on the Sony 7 series is a big drawback for me & the reason why I have not bought one. YES I used a film cameras back in the old days without the benefit of stabilisation but the price that I paid was that not all photos were blur free.

The Sony A-mount cameras have stabilisation but I already have an a900 & wanted a more compact camera but one that retained high quality but for their own reasons Sony have not seen fit to incorporate stabilisation in this new series of cameras & so reluctantly I must look elsewhere. I know all the usual tips & excuses for this situation but I am not convinced & this view is hared by a number of my friends.

I can understand why some of the more traditional companies do not use stabilisation - they are just not technically competent enough to handle the technology but Sony are a modern engineering company with all the expertise required but seem reluctant to give their customers what they want ?

I own an A850 and an A7. A7 easily has 2 stops better sensor performance handily compensating for the lack of in body IS. Shooting anything moving and the advantage is lost anyway. Is doea not fix everything, in fact it barely fixes anything. Good for video though, but thats not really a concern for an A850

So stop your fussing, if that is the only thing holding you back just stop worrying about it (there are other obvious differences so these shoukd also be take into account).

abortabort's gear list:abortabort's gear list
Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony Alpha 7 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow