RX100/RX100M2 tips and tricks - any to share?

Started Aug 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
gbdz
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Elliott's user's guide, the link, please?
In reply to elliottnewcomb, 7 months ago

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Forwardfold wrote:

elliottnewcomb wrote:

I started learning both DMF and Manual Focus, it is easier than I thought. I learned it bit by

(you should be a photo gear instructor!).

Thanks for compliment, but no, not qualified.

The key thing I have learned about trying new features is: IT IS EASIER THAN I FEARED.

I am sure more experienced people could have done a better job, I just like sharing what this camera has led me to learn in the past year, bit by bit, sometimes only partially. I assume/hope others will correct omissions or mistakes along the way. The forum is terrific for that.

That is why I became glad (surely not at first) it has a PITA learning curve, and why I wrote my 2 page 'learn rx100' that people kept asking for, to ease the pain and jump start success with it for people having a hard time like I did.

I do try to concentrate on thorough yet condensed clarity, (except my long winded posts here), comes from over 40 years of editing notes and specs on blueprints for bids, and reducing specifications size for printing (hence my 11 page super condensed rx100 guide.) In the old hand lettering days, you had to make damn sure an S could no look like a 5 to a bidder.

I only know this camera fairly well, never went past P mode on my R1, now I can use R1 differently, for improved results. Primarily for it's 24mm and greater Bokeh capability than rx100.

I need to learn DRO/Auto HDR, I have it switched off now. Perhaps someone could add a post about it.

After that, I will make a move on using memories.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Please, Elliott, the link to your user's guide?

gbdz's gear list:gbdz's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow