What Will Price Of X-E1 With 18-55 Be In 2 Months?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,665Gear list
Like?
Re: What Will Price Of X-E1 With 18-55 Be In 2 Months?
In reply to Sal18, 5 months ago

Sal18 wrote:

With prices so low, many people who would ordinarily sell their E1s because they bought the T1 are just going to keep them. I know that prices have dropped so much I'm not willing to sell mine now. This will reduce the number of them on the second hand market. I can use it for back up, or carry two little little cameras with different lenses.

Sal

That's what happened to me. I was going to sell my X-E1 that was less than 9 months old without a scratch on it to help pay for an X-E2 when those came out. When I turned around to do the deal, so many other Owners were doing the same thing I couldn't see giving my X-E1 away at the going market rate. So I kept it, continued saving cash to buy the X-E2, and decided I'd have the X-E1 converted into an dual-spectrum infrared body once the X-E2 body arrived.

As it turned out, I spent the new pile of cash intended for the X-E2 on new Fuji lenses. Now, I'm starting to save for an X-Pro2. What the heck, I might just pick up an X-E1 kit, send to new free body for the IR conversion, and sell the XF 18-55mm to pay for the conversion and needed filters.

I think the end result will be that the price of X-E1's begin to rise; and those who had the cash to invest will begin selling them on e-bay for a profit.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow