Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dimak2
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
Switching from Nikon DSLR to Fuji X-T1 - Questions for Fuji owners
7 months ago

I'm considering switching from D7100 to Fuji X-T1 because of the lower weight and and smaller form factor. I've rented the X-T1 for 2 days and used it since yesterday.

I really liked the camera feel (even though the small button are frustrating but I can live with it) but I'm wondering if it could replace a DSLR because its lacking a few features that I got used to in D7100. One of them for example is Bracketing(+-1 only) which I know there is nothing to do about it, but some of them I don't if I just don't have the knowledge about the camera or if it is not possible in XT1. I've read the user manual but unfortunately I'm still missing some information. I would really appreciate some help and information:

1. Saving different exposure setting - In D7100 I have 2 slots to save 2 different exposure settings (U1,U2) and quickly switch between them. I have not seen this option in XT1. Is it possible?

2. Metering - possible only to use a central spot or matrix metering? and what is the difference between average and multi?

3. I left the camera on for some time in it become a little bit hot - is it usual?

4. Is there usually a significant price drop with Fuji cameras or it is not worth the waiting and better buy it now?

5. When using Manual mode and auto ISO is there possibility to use exposure compensation to adjust the ISO or my only option is to cancel the AutoISO option and set it manually?

6. Speed of manual operation (M mode) - It feels slower then using my D7100, Anybody switched from a Nikon DSLR to XT1 and has any opinion about it?

7. Post Processing - I'm used to shoot RAW and work with Lightroom but I understand it does not play well with Fuji sensors. Are the other options are good enough and also have all Lightroom abilities including local adjustments?

Your assistance would be very appreciated. Thank you.

dimak2's gear list:dimak2's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow