Raist3d
Raist3d OP
Forum ProPosts: 34,337Gear list
Like?
Oh I read this before.
In reply to Blanko00, May 2, 2014

Blanko00 wrote:

This is an interesting article:

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2013/03/25/what-to-consider-when-buying-a-new-camera-for-street-photography/

The premise might be street shooting, but I think it applies to me more than I'd have cared to mention. Just interesting to read before springing for a new camera.

I used to buy a slr and a compact and use them till they broke in the days of film. I've been up grading year in year out since getting my first digital. I know what my camera does now, I'm pretty happy. I think now I want to see a real improvement in what I produce, rather than wait for a very slight improvement in ISO, it's my skill level that needs the upgrade now.

It's a good link but I am not trying to buy "latest and greatest" to "improve my photography." I am well aware a "better camera" will not make me a better photographer.

I have simply converged over time to quiet, small and fast, and was looking in the V3 a step up from Q7 for shots at night. I am very satisfied with the Q7 in daylight.  And workflow/erognomics have also top priority in my book- the reason I never gave the Nikon 1 system a serious glance until the V3 came along.

Note that the main hold back from having just kept the V3 was not the camera itself, but Nikon, the company.

Nevertheless, a good read.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow