Regular MemberPosts: 272Gear list
Like?
Re: True
In reply to jimoyer, 2 months ago

jimoyer wrote:

Dr_Jon wrote:

I think this whole thread is a bit silly anyway,

THIS

As far as the OP and his claims throughout this thread, all I've seen so far is a complete lack of understanding for what makes a camera a viable platform for sports/action shooting.

I'm a staunch supporter of the m4/3 platform, and have shot sports with an E-PL5, EM5, EM1, G5, and GH3. It CAN be done, but it's certainly not the best tool for the job. Someone said it earlier in the however many pages of 10 color posts with all the quotes.....it's getting very close, but it's not there yet. Tracking isn't there yet, and current generation EVF's just can't compete with OVF's in professional level sports and action imaging situations. That's not a criticism of the GH4 or any m4/3 camera, it's just the reality of the technology. For everything but sports/action photography, m4/3 cameras are "good enough" 99% of the time. For sports/action....well, I couldn't agree with Dr_Jon more.

The time that you raise this heavy beasts, that decide moment is already gone and you stay with empty hands,or you have too use an other heavy tripod and be very happy when you come home with the shot that should be that shot,  please use common sense and think a lot and than react,all these negatives reactions is a waist of time.

josbiker's gear list:josbiker's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow