Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,987Gear list
Like?
Sharp enough ? :)
May 2, 2014

So hey guys, for those of you who don't visit the nature and wildlife page, I had posted a few shots of the first Bobcat I have ever seen in my nearly 50 years in Nor Cal. Awesome wildlife....

But even from just a purely technical standpoint, two things I have to say about this shot...

1) I don't think my 7D has ever produced a sharper shot ! When I tried to apply really light, very fine sharpening, it actually hurt the IQ, so I went back to the original.

2) I don't think my 7D has ever produced a more noise free shot. I have not done any noise removal or masking for anything either.

What exactly happened here ? If only I could figure out how to get it to do that a little... okay, a lot more often, that would be all good

I have a couple more side and up close views in my gallery if you want to see them.

Anyway, here's the portrait shot I'm referring too....

This is a 100% crop, and again, with nearly nothing done to it...

Sorry, I had to lose some eyebrows to keep the shot to 100% and be a reasonably small size.

Peace,

Fish

Fish Chris's gear list:Fish Chris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow