Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike3456
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Just got my 70D - Questions
6 months ago

Just got a 70D and have had only a few hours to play with it.  It is awesome - a huge step up from my 450D.

Here are a few questions I have, I'm hoping some of you can help.

1) Which app is the best for connecting, viewing, and controlling shutter?

2) I also just got a Sigma 50mm f/1.4.  It seems to focus shallow - If I am close (within a few feet) of my son and focus on his eye, the tip of his nose is more sharp than his actual eye. I thought maybe he moves too much - he is 9.  I tried a fixed object, a remote control, and it appears to do the same thing, although lesser if I have it mounted to a tripod vs free hand.  I'm not sure how often I'll be shooting at f/1.4, but would like it "right".  Am I better off using a still object to do the adjustments?  If I adjust at f/1.4, will it carry through to smaller openings (less of an issue as the DOF increases)?

Thanks for the input!

Mike3456's gear list:Mike3456's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +2 more
Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi / EOS Kiss X2) Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow