How many are using the new Nikon 28 1.8G on DX?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,764Gear list
Like?
How many are using the new Nikon 28 1.8G on DX?
2 months ago

I have been looking at this lens a little bit more and it is becoming more and more appealing.

How many are using it on DX? Some reviews say is designed for FX and that works best for FX. Wouldn't this lens be just as good on DX?? Is there a problem in doing that?

I am definitely going to upgrade my $199 dollar 35mm 1.8G to provide more quality to my pictures out of my S5 Pro. I have been neglecting to put better glass on my S5 for too long and i want to move up a little farther with this.

I would really like the 24 1.4G because i really like that focal range much more for what i do, but there is no way i can afford this lens, so i think i will be very happy with something in between the 24mm and the 35mm. I think this 28mm is the right lens for me.

What's your opinion and do you have photo samples with a DX body?

Thanks!

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow