Help with a purchase: Fuji XE1, XE2 or Sony Alpha a6000

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Rachmaninoff2
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: Help with a purchase: Fuji XE1, XE2 or Sony Alpha a6000
In reply to Frapiscide, 7 months ago

Frapiscide wrote:

I'm a new-ish photographer and am currently using a Sony NEX-3N with a Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.4. I generally know my way around adjusting shutter speed, aperture, and iso sensitivity. I enjoy shooting in full manual, which entails the usual manual shutter speed and manual aperture, manual iso, manual focus, and given enough time: manual white balance. One of my biggest quirks with the NEX-3N is the lack of a viewfinder and the NEX's clunky menu layout. It also feels very point-and-shoot-esque with the zoom rocker on the shutter and the overall feel.

So I'm now looking at getting a new camera with the primary reason being a view finder and an overall better camera. I was initially looking at the Fuji XE2 for the improved speed, the digital split image focus, and the EVF. The only thing, is that I can get the Fuji XE1 for about $400 less. I also make videos, which brings me to the Sony Alpha a6000. The Sony allows me to have control over everything for video, which is nice. Also, since it'd be another Sony camera, I wouldn't need to get rid of the adapter and buy one for Fuji's X-mount, though this is a very minor quibble. Also, the Sony is about $300 less than the XE2 for the body.

Also, whichever one I'd get, it'd be the body only. If you guys have any other suggestions, feel free to mention them.

Get the Sony if you want video capabilities. If you can use the 3N for video, I'd get the X-E1. It's a fantastic camera and at $499-$699/kit it's a steal. Otherwise, go for the a6000.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow