A7 - What lenses to take? I'm off to France, Le Crotoy, Somme.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
npires
Senior MemberPosts: 1,151Gear list
Like?
A7 - What lenses to take? I'm off to France, Le Crotoy, Somme.
4 months ago

As per the title to take advantage of the bank holiday weekend here in the UK I've decided to get away for the long weekend.

I'm anticipating much landscape photography so next to the FE2870 I'm taking an FD24mm F2.8, a Canon FD 35mm F2.8 and a FD 100mm F3.5 Macro lens.
Now my concern is the kit lens already covers a good range of focal lengths. Should I leave the 35mm behind and take something else along with me?

I was thinking of an FD 50mm F1.8 as it is a faster lens in the event I do some low light photography.

I might put the 35mm away but then it's a very sharp lens and is pretty perfect for an average walk around lens.

I'm tempted to take my 500mm F8 along too in the event we get a very clear sky I might be able to get some lunar snaps but that's a big IF plus it's an additional 600grams in my bag!

Should I bother switching out the 100mm for something longer and should I bother with the 50mm F1.8?

I could always crop with the FE2870 on the long end if I need telephoto and the Sigma 24mm also has a macro function.

Sorry if this was just ramblings I don't get many opportunities to go to such a nice place so I'd like to be prepared!

Thanks
Nick

npires's gear list:npires's gear list
RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha 7 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow