Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Klonny
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
EM10 for video? or vs. V2?
2 months ago

Hey everyone, I've looked in forum and online but haven't seen the answer to my question yet.  Here it is.

I need to do a little commercial video, by commercial I mean 2-3 minute interviews for my company, nothing hardcore and honeslty probably will be about 10% of the use of it, but that's the stated purpose for my Uncle Sam.  I know, I know what you're saying..get a GH4 or somethign like that, BUT here is the rub.  I want it to double duty as my travel camera and hopefully main camera.

I've got the Nikon V2 right now and hate it.  too small, too tiny, low light capability's suck, build quality is just a tad sketchy, want to sell it.  Have a D5100 which is nice for around town, but honestly too annoying to carry when traveling (which is why I got the V2 to begin with), love to sell that too.

SO..I was looking at the A6000 or A7, but A7 is just too over the top for what I'm looking to do, lenses are very pricey compared to M43 and APS lenses, the A6000 doesn't have a mic (except for a $300 bluetooth accessory) which is  a requirement (but I know the EM10 doesn't have a native one but can have one with that little $50 gadget).

Anyone have any thoughts?  my research shows the EM10 is superior to the EM5 right now and stat wise, it looks like it beats the EM1, which is sort of hard to believe, but that's what I've been reading.

Love to hear anyone's thoughts! thanks.

Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D5100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow