THE "BEST" SPORT AND ACTION camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Dr_Jon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,450Gear list
Like?
Re: True
In reply to Lab D, 4 months ago

I think you'll need the lenses that support 240fps focusing, i.e. the 12-35 and 35-100.

I think this whole thread is a bit silly anyway, as there are no m43 lenses to compete with the endless rows of light gray Canon glass, the 1Dx will focus track at 12fps and is just amazingly good at locking on to people and staying locked on even if they go behind someone else and it doesn't have any bonus EVF lag. Also anything using the GH4's Electronic shutter will suffer from rolling shutter, which is not usually much of an issue unless there is a fair bit of movement, like with sports. BTW I was quite disappointed to find that while the rolling shutter is better than the GH3 in 1080p it's actually quite a bit worse in 4k

That said I think the GH4's focusing will be great for almost everyone other than Sports photographers. I can't wait to see how much DFD improves it over my GH3. (U.K. launch is the 5th, no idea how soon I'll get mine, not the 5th as it's a public holiday - why did Panasonic U.K. pick that day, very odd?)

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow