Good results with the 58 1.4G on a D800???

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
LD_50
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you sure?
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, 4 months ago

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

LD_50 wrote:

This goes for all lenses that can out resolve 16 MP.

I was under the very clear impression the laws of optics say image resolution is made up part from lens resolution and part from sensor resolution, and that increasing either sensor resolution or lens resolution increased image resolution.

My experience based on 50 years photographic rather than recent internet hype is that the laws of optics have not recently been rewritten.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Producing good quality photographs, or being good at sport or art, involves a little more than buying appropriate equipment. Practice, some learning and perhaps natural talent often play a bigger role than the equipment in your hands.

I'm not sure what you're saying here Leonard. I agree the laws of optics have not recently been rewritten.

I also stand by the statement that every lens/sensor combination will benefit from the increase from 16 MP to 36 MP, so long as the lens was not the limiting factor for resolution on the 16 MP sensor.

LD_50's gear list:LD_50's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow