* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Zindanfel
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,163
Like?
Re: Checking Out the Rays
In reply to CharlesB58, 2 months ago

CharlesB58 wrote:

This is an acquaintance of mine at a recent Ecofest in town. He is involved in re-purposing/recycling on a number of levels, as well as "Maker" activities. He also does bubble performances (using a home made, environmentally friendly formula). It was too windy and not humid enough for the bubbles to do well, so he decided to play his home made "banjo" constructed from discarded picture frame materials. He was sitting next to his solar display, which included a solar oven made from old car sun shields and a file cabinet. He was baking chocolate chip cookies. At this moment in time he was commenting on how the high, thin clouds meant a longer baking time.

The processing is intentional. My project involving this part of town, called "New Bohemia" also involves my seeking a particular look to the images. There are a number of influences involved in the look I am trying to achieve, from W. Eugene Smith, Diane Arbus and Gary Winogrand, thru Norman Rockwell and Andrew Wyeth to the old bromoil printing process. The look is sure to displease some "purists" on a forum such as this, but that's ok. The people interested in supporting my project, and in purchasing photos, don't pay much attention to this website.

-- hide signature --

If, in my lifetime, I will have produced just one image that makes a real difference in the life of another, I will have achieved my highest goal as a photographer.
http://eyeguessphotography.com
http://livegigshots.com

Outstanding shot. Great subject and story. A bonus might have been some kind of "maker" background, or maybe even a much older VW, e.g., a window-roof bus?

I don't notice a "purist" presence in this thread; don't know about the forum; it's a big tent.

-- hide signature --

Zin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow