A77II first impressions on DPR homepage now

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Todd Taylor
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: A77II first impressions on DPR homepage now
In reply to Ralf B, 3 months ago

I guess I should be happy that I won't be needing to shell-out $1,200 for a new camera any time soon.

The built-in GPS was a major factoring in why I bought the A77. Other manufacturers either didn't have a GPS unit at all or it was a really expensive add-on. Carrying one of those silly GPS units and then having to sync-up images along with the timestamp on the GPS device is crazy when the technology already exists to do this w/o the manual process.

Removing the AF lamp is another disappointment for me. My old Olympus e-620 strobed the flash because it had no AF lamp and I hated it. Strobing the flash to get a focus lock is incredibly distracting and has ruined many shots for me. Once the flash starts strobing, people (and animals) instantly look at the camera instead of doing whatever they were doing. Granted, my external flash has an AF light, but I often don't carry it along as it makes the camera bulky.

I had hoped Sony would've added back-lit buttons like my old Olympus had. I guess I don't shoot enough photos to have all the button positions memorized. Shooting in low light with my A77 isn't that much fun as I have to guess where all the buttons are because I can't see them.

Oh well... at least Sony isn't abandoning the SLT line!

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
Todd M. Taylor

Todd Taylor's gear list:Todd Taylor's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow