MikeNannie wrote:

Karl Scharf wrote:

Ralf B wrote:

Here

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Ralf
www.ralfralph.smugmug.com

I applaud Sony for not abandoning the 'A' mount APS-C camera system.

The original A77 is a terrific camera in my opinion, and for Sony to build on that makes me very happy.

Anxiously waiting for the reviews and image quality comparisons.

Thank you Sony, well done, at least my large investment in lenses will not be wasted!

-- hide signature --

Karl Scharf >>> ( Sony SLT-A77, Rokinon 8mm, Sigma 10-20 f4.0-5.6, Sigma 18-250 f3.5-6.3, Sigma 50-500 f4.5-6.3 OS, Minolta 70-210 f4.0, Minolta 50 f1.7, Sony RX-100 ) <<<

Interesting to me that a number of blogs and this website had pre production copies of the camera and yet, not one mention of image quality impressions from the 'initial impressions'. Surely you can get a good idea of its noise characteristics with a quick load into a raw converter. It shouldn't require a full blown iso test to get a feel for its capabilities. Did Sony tie the hands of these initial reviewers?

Low light performance - Better, worse, or the same as the current a77?

Inquiring minds want to know...

SAR has some links to sites with example images. Looking at the high ISO sample they look better to my memory but how much is better JPEG processing and how much lower noise I can't say.

http://www.photographyblog.com/previews/sony_a77_ii_photos/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow