Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,988
Like?
Sigma 500mm f4.5 on Full Frame.
7 months ago

Sigma 500mm f4.5 on Full Frame. Well, actually on an NEX-7 + Focal Reducer.

FWIW: If anyone is interested, I just now checked my Pentax mount Sigma 500mm f4.5 lens on my Sony NEX-7 + a focal reducer. I shot it wide open looking through the EVF and handheld. It was very easy to manual focus using focus peaking. If I remember correctly about the focal reducer it calculates as 0.71X, so it calculates to 750mm times 0.71X or 533mm FOV on a Sony NEX-7 APS-C and the wide open aperture would calculate as f4.8.

Anyway, on a tripod, I predict that really exceptional and sharp images can be produced with this combo. I also believe that a good handholder could even shoot a BIF with this rig. Of course you can also use it without the focal reducer if you want to. My plan is to test it using a tripod against some real subjects with and without the focal reducer.

More to come....maybe.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow