Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charlie875578
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Sigma 70-200 F2.8 vs. Nikon 70-200 F4 vs. Tamron 70-300 VC
5 months ago

Hey guys, I'm going to be upgrading my D300 to a D700 (Maybe a D800 if I have a moment of weakness). I have all my focal lengths up to 70mm covered with good glass (50 1.4 and 24-70 2.8). I never had much interest in nature stuff so I never invested past 70mm (105mm on the DX was fine). Now that I'm going FX and I have a more interest in nature shooting I want to get one of the three lenses mentioned above. I had a sigma 70-200 f2.8 ordered for $900 used (the new OS HSM version) and FedEx lost it so Amazon is refunding me so I'm kinda back to the drawing board since i can't find that lens at that price anymore. I like the sigma for it's 2.8, the nikon for it's overall sharpness, and tamron for it's price and extra reach (200 isn't really THAT long on a FX). I will be using this focal length almost exclusively during the day so my biggest interets in F # is for bokeh. i always said i wouldn't ever buy a lens that isn't a fixed 2.8 or better...but here we are. Any thoughts or experiences you guys have...I'd love to hear. Thank you!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charliemcmahon/

Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow