ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
keerf00
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Nikon D800 to FujiFilm X-T1 - Worth it?
6 months ago

Hi All,

Over the summer, I picked up a Nikon D800. I had set aside the money, got some decent glass, and jumped into the full frame market. I will freely admit the camera is more then I know, but I wanted something that would last and I would grow with.

Lately I've had my eye on mirrorless cameras, and also the size of them. My hands are not overly steady at times which doesn't always play well with the D800. I work through it though with tuning the ISO and fstop to meet my needs.

What I'm curious about is this, there is a part of me that is considering moving to the Fuji and getting rid of my Nikon (mainly cause I can trade them in). I really can't afford a new system without trading in the old one. Is it worth making the jump to something like that? Or am I just selling myself short by giving up on the D800.

I truly love the camera, but I wonder if it might be to much for me at times, though I have learned a good deal about myself as a photographer with it.

Thanks for any input.

Terry

keerf00's gear list:keerf00's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow