Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,448Gear list
Like?
Re: Process my RAW!
In reply to Ryanmoe, 4 months ago

Ryanmoe wrote:

PhotoNinja only

I'm not saying that Silkypix is better than PN, but I much prefer my Silkypix rendering to your photo ninja one. To my tastes, lifting the shadows as much as you do detracts from the drama of the lightening and also produces an unnatural, overprocessed look. There are over-sharpening artifacts in the sky on your rendering, and also in the buildings on the ground. And the over-sharpening produces no additional details. Take a look at the fancy building to the right of the bright yellow light in both your PN image and my second SP image. Mine provides greater detail without the obvious processing artifacts.

I think you could do much better with PN on this one if you'd turn off the "smart lighting," which I imagine was imposed to even out the photo. For an image like this, you want to preserve the stark contrast between darker and lighter areas rather than flattening them.

My opinion, anyway.

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow