I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Chan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,706
Like?
Re: I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!
In reply to G1Houston, 5 months ago

G1Houston wrote:

Mark Chan wrote:

Another three examples that I am sure the 20mm f1.7 wont' work well in.

Through a fence. The 20mm would hunt through this.

Pretty much instantaneous; and taken with my left hand no less.

Youngsters walking by; followed their motion to add a 'bit' of character to the pic. The 20mm would still not have focused by the time they had gone past.

S

Not sure about the points of these pictures, none of them is in focus except the last one.

Actually; the first one is overexposed given the varied lighting; shot of food stall through fence - This wasn't set the best obviously and I later took a shot of the food stall once I queued past the fence.  Point being this the sort of shot the 20mm would have had difficulty focusing.

Second one has focus at the lady's face in the middle left of the pic. hustle bustle in the market.

Third shot is the least focused as I very quickly caught focus and moved the camera along their direction to get some more blur to the background.  With the 20mm you'd have had to prefocus and wait for a couple to go by to get this shot.

The 20mm would struggle mightily with the lighting conditions. And as the other poster said, I'd rather have a lens that is capable of getting the pics when I need it without the need to prefocus in advance before I got the shot.

These three pics where with me holding an umbrella, a few bags of food, and shooting with the camera in my LEFT hand. At night in the rain.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow