ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AkshajN
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Question on Pentax K-3 with kit lens
7 months ago

Hi,

I am trying to buy my first DSLR and Pentax K-3 is one of the DSLR that I am looking at. I have used SLRs during the film era (mostly manual focus), but I have been using point-n-shoot cameras for the last few years. Photography is not a business or livelihood for me I am considering this as a hobby (serious hobby). I have read the reviews of various DSLRs and Pentax K-3 is one of the highest rated ones.

My plan is to get K-3 with 18-135mm kit lens and one of the primes (50mm f1.8 or 50mm f1.4).

My main questions are around the 18-135mm lens. I am hearing mixed reactions about this lens and looking for your feedback on this set up overall. Could anyone please let me know how good or bad is this lens (18-135mm) in terms of sharpness, contrast, focus speed etc.

Also any other lens recommendations are greatly appreciated (Please remember that photography is only a hobby for me).

-Akshaj N

Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow