Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Arcimboldo
Forum MemberPosts: 57Gear list
Like?
Re: New FE Lens Announced - Zeiss 16-35mm F4.0
In reply to qianp2k, 7 months ago

qianp2k wrote:

I have not seen the official links except in sonyalpharumors

But this is a good news and hope it has excellent optical quality as good as Nikon 16-35/4.0 VR. Then together with future A7 II (with A6000 AF) and A7R already own, FE 35/55, and FE 70-200/4.0 OSS, it will be a dream traveling package to me to leave bulky 5DIII at home. But I also will wait and see future 6D II and hope it has a much better sensor then which still can use EF lenses natively such as the best EF 24-70L/2.8 II although still somewhat big/heavy.

Sony screwed up FE 24-70 and hope it does right this time with FE 16-35.

Yeah, me too, I have an a7R, with the 35, the 55, and since yesterday the new 70-200 - but sent back the 24-70. I was most interested in the 24mm, and so was pretty disappointed because of the corner, and edge for that matter, blur of that lens. With the 16-35 there is a much better chance that 24mm, being right in the middle of the range, will give you great IQ. If then 20mm and 28mm is also still really good, I'm one happy camper. 16mm for me most of the time is too wide, and my compact walk-around lens of choice, the 35mm, already gives me great IQ for that focal length, so that I can always resort to that lens if IQ is of utmost importance for a shot.

Heiko

Arcimboldo's gear list:Arcimboldo's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow