New FE Lens Announced - Zeiss 16-35mm F4.0

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ktc9
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Re: New FE Lens Announced - Zeiss 16-35mm F4.0
In reply to Edmond Dantes, 5 months ago

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Was hoping we'd have some specs and/or price on it. I'm hoping it will be similarly compact to the 10-18. I've been plenty happy with that lens essentially using it as a 14mm prime on the A7. They'll have to make a good case to make me buy that lens considering the respectable performance of the 10-18. Reasonable price and excellent performance are a must.

Absolutely agree. The 10-18 (12-16'ish on the A7/r) really provides the unique UWA range, size, OSS, etc. Add to that the 24-70, and I'm not really sure what this new lens brings. The 16-24mm is somewhat of a "dispensable" range that can be achieved either by moving around or cropping...

If this was a new FE uber-sharp 12-24, then it would have been a real valuable extension to the current line-up.

Also, if this 16-35 is sharper on the 24-35 than the 24-70, then the latter would become relegated to being a 35-70.... which is rather limiting for a $1100 lens.

ktc9's gear list:ktc9's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Sony Alpha 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow