* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
MikePDX
Senior MemberPosts: 1,522Gear list
Like?
Group reply: Gelato
In reply to MikePDX, 4 months ago

Roel wrote:

I would adjust my brightness if I were you, because if this image shows up bright enough there, my personal opinion is that it could use another half a stop of extra exposure).

Scot wrote:

On this display, it looks like the children's faces are slightly over-saturated but it's hard to tell with this limited image size and I don't trust this display.

joeletx wrote:

It is a hard picture to crack for me. It has -1 EV value and my guess was because of the black street surface; to brighten the kid on the left would blow the highlight the kid on the right.

Yaelle wrote:

There's actually a bit of blue in the sky in you drop the luminescence on the blue channel. I agree with Roel about upping the exposure a tiny bit. Finally, you might want to try cropping a small amount of the road away and bringing the children forward-personally I'd like to see more of them as they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Clearly the consensus is that I need to adjust my laptop monitor.  Will do so when I get home, and reprocess my images.

Joel - The -1ev you mentioned was me trying to not blow out the sky.

Yaelle - in my defense, my first thought was to grab as much of the kids' reflections/shadows as I could.  It seemed to convey the feel of the rainy street.  But I do like your crop better.

Thanks to all for great inputs!

-- hide signature --

-Mike
You can observe a lot by looking - Yogi Berra
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike-pdx/collections/

MikePDX's gear list:MikePDX's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow