Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
streeteyes
Regular MemberPosts: 196Gear list
Like?
Need EOS Remote help.
4 months ago

Last December I bought the 6D and love it. And one of the things I love about it is having ability to operate it remotely via an app for a smart phone. (I use the iPhone 5.) Recently I was fiddling with various settings and one of the things I discovered was when I connect the 6D to my iPhone I no longer have AF capability and it just shows MF (manual focus).

I've gone over the various settings numerous times and I have no idea what I changed that now means I no longer have AF access (with the little 'button' just off the main button on the phone's touch screen). Interestingly enough if I go into the app's settings and disable AF that takes away the second smaller 'AF' button and when I shoot remotely the AF is again activated. I just can't lock and recompose.

I've had no luck on the internet as there are only videos and manuals on setting things up but very little on what I see on the smart phone and how to use it (which is really strange).  So if someone here could tell me what I may have overlooked or set incorrectly on the camera's settings menu to cause this that would be great!

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Life is an infinite series of moments called now. My job is to capture them.

streeteyes's gear list:streeteyes's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow