Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Salvas
Senior MemberPosts: 2,818Gear list
Like?
Another way to take OOF pics with the E-M1
4 months ago

After four months, I'm finally getting over inadvertently making out of focus images by leaving the focus ring of my 12-40 lens in the MF position, but I have now found a new way to get create OOF pics.

This morning, while testing a legacy lens (a pretty nice Tamron 135/28 in OM mount), I was switching back and forth from that to my 40-150. I started with the 40-150 with AF-S engaged. When I switched to the Tamron, as I expected, the camera automatically used MF mode. Now, don't you think that when I put the AF lens back on, the camera would be smart enough to notice that? Nope.

Result: a string of three or four OOF shots before I realized there was no AF "beep" and that I was still in MF.

Anyway, here's a test shot with that ancient Tamron, taken before the next shots went flooey.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +7 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow